Website Emerson Automation Solutions
Welder II Job Highlights
|Reno, NV, United States
|Emerson Automation Solutions
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise.
The company is looking for a Welder who will weld frames and components out of carbon steel, stainless steel, and other exotic metals. Additionally, you will have opportunities to cross a train in CNC machining.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Trade or technical school is preferred
- The candidates should have previous welding work experience in the related field.
- Cleans up welds and preps components using pneumatic and electric grinders and enclosed sandblasting booth
- Inspects and qualifies the work shown on the print or drawing
- Operates welding equipment for Heli-Arc, Short Arc, and TIG
- Studies blueprints, work orders, and manufacturing instructions to determine location and processes for welding metal
- Uses jigs and fixtures to weld frames out of carbon steel, stainless steel, and some exotic metal
- Uses weld sequencing to ensure the end product meets customer requirements
- Welds different metal components together to meet drawing requirements
- Must be able to lift or move up to 35 pounds regularly
- Occasionally is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch
- Standing required for up to 100% of working shift
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass an in-house welding test and be able to demonstrate welding proficiency
- Must be able to pass respiratory certification test
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be able to use measurement tools including tape measure, calipers, and functional gages
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must read, write, and speak English
- Vision coverage
- Flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal),
- Medical insurance plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation and holiday leave
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit emerson.taleo.net.