Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
Welder II Job Highlights
|Location||Asheville, NC, United States|
|Company||Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a world leader in serving science and enables customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. The company supports whether the customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies, or increasing productivity in their laboratories.
The company is looking for a Welder who will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure the food is safe.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of MIG or TIG welding experience or welding education (program)
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Inspects parts prior to starting job and upon completion to verify material accuracy and quality.
- Performs a variety of metal finishing procedures to prepare parts for paint or to make repairs.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations in fabrication. Cross-training and flexibility are required.
- Performs review of first piece production to confirm compliance by measuring, verifying weld quality and finish. Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained.
- Positions and clamps components of fabricated metal products prior to welding.
- Properly tracks and disposes of scrap and completes non-conforming tickets. Directly responsible for all scrap/rework that is created by his/her cell.
- Removes burrs and sharp edges using portable grinders, deburring machine, and files.
- Sets up and adjusts welding equipment as needed, changing tips, adjusting temperature, feed rates, gas flow, type of gases, etc.
- Troubleshoots work-related problems by applying knowledge and experience to identify cause and take necessary steps to correct the situation and contacts supervisor when needed. Advises supervisor of quality problems and the status of jobs.
- Utilizes color-coded process to communicate part needs with the press shop and to accomplish timely production.
- Verifies and completes job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory.
- Verifies that standard specifications, custom, prototypes, etc., are welded per blueprint.
- Welds metal parts together by applying proper welding procedures such as MIG, TIG, and resistance welding within design specifications. Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE.
- Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Desire to obtain MIG and TIG Certification
- Standing, bending, reaching, and handling bulky parts are common to the job.
- Advancement and Recognition
- Finance and Future
- Health and Happiness
- Life and Time Away
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thermofisher.com.