Website Watseka (Wärtsilä)
Welder II Job Highlights
|Location||York, PA, United States|
Watseka (Wärtsilä) is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. The company maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants by emphasizing sustainable innovation, total efficiency, and data analytics.
American Hydro is the leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydroelectric industry.
American Hydro is looking for a detail-orientated hardworking Welder II (offer shift) to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 months of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified in SMAW and FCAW
- Grind as needed
- Grinds parts as needed per drawing and verbal instruction
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Keeps Supervisor informed of problems regarding workpiece, schedule, safety, etc. as they arise
- Proficient in blueprint reading except for geometric tolerance
- Setting up jobs and equipment to run efficiently
- Weld complex weld geometry and fillets and related Hydro components
- Able to make roll and positioner set-ups and assembly of simple, smaller weldments on the same
- Able to operate jib cranes and forklifts to facilitate positioning of weldments
- Able to produce high-quality welds
- Able to weld using larger wire sizes in many situations
- Capable of operating gas cutting and air arc gouging process on all but the most challenging applications
- Carbon arc gouge CJP’s
- Fully proficient with FCAW and SMAW. Able to set parameters to optimize the operation of the process(s)
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Occasionally required to sit; and taste or smell
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Wartsila is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Veteran, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wartsila.com.