Welder III Job Highlights
|Location||Pineville, NC, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
Controls Southeast Incorporated (CSI) is part of the Thermal Process Management (TPM) business unit with Ametek.
CSI is seeking a Pipe Welder who must be able to weld efficiently carbon and stainless-steel metals (but could include other alloys) in thickness ranging from .030 and up.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of previous experience in Pipe Welding.
- Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal.
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece.
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified per weld procedure
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Grinds pipe and pipe fittings to create a bevel, remove outer protective surfaces and otherwise prepare material to be joined together.
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining the length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, based on the color of metal, the sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through a portable welding gun.
- Positions and clamps workpieces together or assemble them in jig or fixture.
- Preheats workpiece with a hand torch or heating furnace.
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts and fill holes.
- Starts power supply to produce an electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of the workpiece.
- Tacks assemblies together.
- Use of GTAW weld procedures performed in an efficient manner
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.