Website Midsouth Paving, Inc.
Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd Shift)|
|Functions||Forklift, Equipment, Machine Operators|
|Location||Alexander City, AL, United States|
|Company||Midsouth Paving, Inc. (A CRH Company)|
Midsouth Paving, Inc. provides quality asphalt and construction services. It works with private contractors, municipalities, government agencies, counties and paves many miles of highways every year. Check all about the company’s requirements from the welder position or potential candidates.
Been a skilled position, requires any combination of various duties within the quarry. They consist of welding, Haul Truck operation, front-end loader operation, screening/crushing equipment, conveyor operation, and maintenance, etc.
Normally aspiring candidates should have passed a High School Diploma or GED or its equivalent from a welding school.
Any fresher and experienced holder (e.g. welding engineers) can apply for the position.
- Mining equipment knowledge and uses
- Cutting/burning ability with a torch
- Aggregate sizes and classifications knowledge
- Able to weld broken parts, structural members, and other items as required
- Mechanically inclined with some working knowledge of crusher and related equipment
- Examine parts for damage/excessive wear
- Monitor shoveling and cleaning
- To check material being loaded for quality
- Assist with conveyors, screens, and crushing equipment repairs and rebuilding
- To operate Front End Loader to feed portable plant, load haul truck/customer trucks, stockpiling and load bins
- Must have a valid driver license (CDL not required) for operating a haul truck and water truck
Generally, a supervisor will instruct you on the work. But in some cases, you are expected to perform independently without a compromise or sacrifice to safety and quality of work tasks.
CRH Americas Offers You
- Offers a highly competitive base pay
- Health and wellness programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Imparts comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Provides opportunities for growth, development, and internal promotion
Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Reports to Shop Foreman, Shop or Project Manager, and Trades Manager
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crh.com.