Website Sims Metal
Welder/Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Morrisville, PA, United States|
Sims Metal, a division of Sims Limited, is a global leader in metal recycling. The company’s operations encompass the buying, processing, and selling of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. It provides customized recycling services to meet the individual needs of commercial and industrial scrap metal producers, and we buy ferrous metal from metal dealers, peddlers, auto wreckers, demolition firms, and others who generate obsolete metal, and from manufacturers who generate industrial metal.
The company is hiring a Welder/Mechanic who will weld or repair the production equipment, mobile equipment, roll-off containers, hoppers, and storage containers for all the facilities.
- The applicants should have a completed an Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or Equivalent from a two-year College or Technical School.
- The candidates should have 6 to 12 months of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Coordinate positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding
- Locates and repairs components of fixed hammer mill
- Performs related tasks such as sizing and grinding
- Repairs the broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increase the size of metal parts
- Welds metal parts together
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to pass SIMS welders test.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge or be able to learn Ivara Work Order System Inventory software.
- Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The company offers competitive pay and a range of attractive benefits.
Sims Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate with regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, housing status, source of income, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.simsltd.com.