Welder/Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Piedmont, SC, United States|
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. The company specializes in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation, and purification technologies for fluids of all types.
The company is recruiting a Welder/Mechanic who will help to take the workshop to the next level.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma (a plus)
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in cutting, welding, and fabrication of various metal and alloy components
- Assists in the disassembly, inspection, and re-assembly of pump equipment when required
- Maintains welding equipment as required to keep machines in good operating condition and maintains welding supplies and consumables in an appropriate storage environment per specifications
- Performs any other work necessary to finish and fit parts to required customer specifications including some pipe fitting/welding
- Plans sequence of own work operations and methods of set-up based upon weld procedures being utilized and work order requirements
- Sets up and operates welding and cutting equipment under limited supervision
- Willingness to assist/train on mechanic/machine work when no welding is available
- Works within appropriate weld procedure guidelines to meet customer/contract specifications and applies knowledge of metals and alloys being welded or cut
- Ability to learn and pass various weld certification tests
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints, apply knowledge of weld rods, weld wire, weld equipment settings, and basic math skills
- Possess basic hand tools, basic precision measuring tools and proper safety shoes and attire as specified by the minimum tool requirements list specific to the facility requirements
- 15 days of paid time off and 11 company-paid holidays
- 401k plan with a 6% match
- Comprehensive health plan including medical, dental, vision, Life, short-term/long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym reimbursement
- Health savings account matching
- Motivating wellness program
- Paid paternal leave
Sulzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sulzer.com.