Welder Mechanic – Megafactory Job Highlights
|Title||Welder Mechanic – Megafactory|
|Location||Lathrop, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is recruiting a Welder/Mechanic who will be responsible for maintaining equipment throughout the entire facility by applying proper maintenance procedures, welding techniques, and practices.
This individual fabricates, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs equipment.
The Mechanic/Welder collaborates with team members to plan the work scope, methods, tools, and equipment necessary to complete assigned jobs.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 4+ years of experience and training in the manufacturing field.
- Cuts steel materials using various tools including, but not limited to sears, band saws, abrasive saws, oxy-acetylene cutting torch, and plasma.
- Fabricates components and installs systems including, but not limited to piping systems, conveyor systems, drying systems, cooling systems, chemical processing systems, ducting, structural supports, stairs, pipe racks, catwalk, and handrails.
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all rules and regulations, and continuously practices safety while performing duties. Actively participates in the Respirator Program.
- Performs precision measurements and adjustments using micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, feeler gauges, and other precision instruments to verify conformance to specifications. Performs precision equipment alignment using computerized alignment equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and tools including, but not limited to oiling, greasing, inspecting, etc.
- Prepares hand sketches for fabrication projects; reads and follows blueprints to complete jobs accordingly.
- Responsible for laying metal and breaks; repairing metal vessels and pipe leaks.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes problems and performs all mechanical operations necessary to fabricate, install, modify, dismantle, repair, overhaul and rebuild various types of plant equipment appropriately.
- Wears the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to steel-toed boots, safety glasses, hard hat, hearing protection, respirator, fire-retardant clothing, gloves, and dark welders face shield as required. May be required to wear additional PPE based on specific job duties.
- Welds use a variety of methods and materials including, but not limited to Stick, MIG, and TIG. Completes weld following proper procedure for the material and service. Inspects welded joints and conducts tests to ensure that welds meet company standards, code requirements, and job specifications.
- Ability to install and repair equipment working from and referencing equipment manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to use tools and equipment including, but not limited to power (electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic) tools, hand grinder, bench grinder, cutting saw, band saw, porta-power, impact wrench, torque wrench, etc.
- Ability to work independently or under minimal supervisor; a team player, and ability to work with multiple disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of basic math skills and reasoning; ability to measure accurately. Knowledge and experience with MIG welding and wire feed welding; G6 certified preferred.
- Required to maintain reliable, regular attendance.
- Required to operate a person lift, forklift, and/or other equipment as needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, Lift, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, grip, push, pull, move and/or carry equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Loose-fitting clothing, open-toe/heel shoes, and the wearing of contact lenses are not permitted.
- Requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day and or off-duty hours and weekends to reach operational goals and compliance requirements;
- While performing the duties of this job, this individual is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Working in this plant operations environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, hard hats, face shields, respiratory protective equipment, and uniforms, subject to variation in noise levels and temperature changes due to weather conditions.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.