Welder Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Malvern, PA, United States|
Airmatic is an industry-leading supplier of mechanical products and services to the industrial, construction, and utility markets.
The company is looking for a hard-working professional who enjoys meeting challenges and exceeding Customer expectations. The welder should have experience in multi-arc welding processes, a combination welder who is practiced in SMAW (Stick), GMAW (MIG), FCAW (Flux Core), GTAW (TIG), and Oxygen/Acetylene Flame Cutting and Carbon Arc Gouging.
- The prospective applicants may be required a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
Note: Pass AWS D1.1 SMAW 3G and 4G combo welding tests
- The candidates should have 3+ years of welding experience in cement, chemical, refining, or similar manufacturing industries.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve Airmatic goals
- Assist with general site work such as loading and unloading equipment and materials, site preparation and clean-up, mobilization and demobilization to and from the job site, scaffolding erection, and other construction site tasks and duties as assigned
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat bend, grind, or bolt components parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Follow MIG, TIG, and/or SMAW/STICK welding procedure specifications to efficiently produce quality welds in flat, vertical, and overhead positions
- Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances to meet specifications using micrometer, caliper, and precision instruments
- Lay-out, position, align and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, flange line-up pins, wraparounds, center finders, and rulers
- Maintain work area(s), assigned vehicle(s) and equipment, tools, and supplies in a neat, orderly, good working order and safe condition
- Perform firefighting duties if necessary
- Perform or assist with fit-up and preparation of welds, such as debur, grind, chop, and hammer workpieces, to achieve proper surface
- Perform or assist with post-weld clean-up, inspection, and repair
- Read and interpret project plans, blueprints, diagrams, and written instructions describing assigned tasks
- Adhere to the Airmatic Code of Professional Conduct
- Recognize and accept the business principle that providing great customer service is job #1 for every Airmatic Associate
- Freely comply with all MSHA, OSHA, Customer site, and Airmatic safety rules, regulations, and procedures. Perform all work qualified and trained to do safely in a manner that protects him/herself, fellow employees, and all other workers on the site
- Carry out complex oral and written instructions given by Site Foreman, General Foreman, and authorized Airmatic representatives.
- Detail-oriented, well organized, neat, and orderly
- Maintain facial hair daily so that a respirator/facemask can seal properly – this may require being free of facial hair and/or being clean-shaven
- Pass background, and drug and alcohol screening. Note: Airmatic has a comprehensive drug policy that includes random testing.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Wear fire retardant clothing and personal protection equipment, such as steel-toe work boots, hardhats, ear, and eye protection
- Work at least an 8-hour shift and up to a 12-hour shift, which may include some weekends and holidays. Note: Overtime may be required.
- Work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks, bins, and silos
- Work outside in harsh weather conditions, or inside in hot, humid conditions
- Desire and ability to work in a culture that rewards sound judgment, initiative, taking responsibility, honesty, passion, and hard work
- Display a strong work ethic – punctuality, integrity, personal responsibility, emphasis on quality, discipline, and sense of teamwork
- Embrace a culture that values cathedral builders – not bricklayers
- Good oral, written, listening, and interpersonal communication skills combined with an energetic, friendly, and outgoing disposition
- Lift a minimum of 50-pounds and climb up to 250-ft in height
- Airmatic provides seasonal work clothing, PPE and other safety equipment, and mechanic’s hand and power tools.
- The company offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Benefits; Flex Benefits Plan; 401(k) Plan and Profit Sharing.
- The welder will receive competitive compensation. The pay rate will be established upon successful completion of trade and welding tests.
Airmatic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.airmatic.com.