Website Rumpke Waste and Recycling
Welder (Night Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder (Night Shift)|
|Location||Cincinnati, OH, United States|
|Company||Rumpke Waste & Recycling|
Rumpke Waste and Recycling provides environmentally friendly waste disposal and recycling solutions. Rumpke divisions include Rumpke Recycling, Rumpke Portable Restrooms, The William-Thomas Group, Rumpke Hydraulics, and Rumpke Haul-it-Away.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be responsible for performing repair and maintenance on containers and/or the vehicle fleet.
- The applicants should have completed a graduation technical training program from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 1 year of welding and cutting experience.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing a computer system.
- Fabricates steel components on containers.
- Grinds metal parts after welding.
- Installs lids and wheels on containers.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- May assist in other projects or areas of the shop as needed.
- Paints repaired and/or new containers.
- Perform sanding, grinding, cutting, welding, and other fabrication or repair work on company containers, compactors, and other equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices, and equipment.
- Welds steel using MIG and Arc welding equipment.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good Driving record; able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid driver’s license, CDL preferred.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing, and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department, or line of business.
- Cutting torch skills; ability to use the plasma cutter.
- Excellent welding and mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with using a computer.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of MIG/ARC and stick welding processes.
- Knowledge of small shop tools.
- Must possess the necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions is possible.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair or fabrication facility.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and working in awkward positions.
- 401(k) plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Employee Assistance Program for the benefit and protection of all eligible employees.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke’s policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.