Welder (Nuclear) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Nuclear|
|Location||Derby, England, United Kingdom|
Assystem is the 2nd independent nuclear engineering company in the world and one of the leading players in the fields of safety, security, digitization, and systems engineering. It operates in the sectors of nuclear, renewable energies, transportation, and industry.
The company is seeking a Welder who will provide practical support to the welding development projects and support the shop floor to ensure uninterrupted production.
- The applicants should have either an IIW EWE, Welding Diploma, M.Sc. Welding or similar Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Experience from an engineering background familiar with the nuclear industry is highly desirable.
The position will be involved with the welding of a range of materials using various manual and mechanized welding processes including.
- Manual Metal Arc (MMA)
- Mechanized TIG welding
- Sub Merged Arc Welding
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)
- Experience within TIG technology both manual and automatic, Laser Depth Dynamics and Cold Metal Transfer would be advantageous.
- Good communications skills and able to interact with people at all levels within the business and appropriate level of IT skill.
- Problem solving and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) experience.
- Understanding of welding processes as related to manufacturing and engineering activities and strong understanding of quality and process control with respect to welding.
Assystem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to providing equal opportunities for every candidate and celebrating all forms of diversity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.assystem.com.