Website Black Hills Energy
Welder Operations/Senior Welder Operations Job Highlights
|Title||Welder Operations or Senior Welder Operations|
|Location||Wichita, KS, United States|
|Company||Black Hills Energy|
Black Hills Energy is a growth-oriented and vertically integrated energy company. The company’s non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas and coal.
The company is searching for a Welder who will be responsible for the installation of steel and polyethylene (PE) mains, Fabrication of metering facilities, and related construction oversight.
This position will report to the Gas Operations Supervisor.
- Welder Operations: $25.31 – $37.96 per hour
- Welder Operations Senior: $28.46 – $42.60 per hour
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of welder operations or other relevant experience.
Welder Operations Senior-
- The applicants should have a minimum of 3 years of welder operations or other relevant experience.
- Welding and fusion certificates are required.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record-keeping.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Inspect/supervise the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes, and work plans.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping, and data entry duties per company policies.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Represent the company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public official, emergency official, and local organization (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Responsible for inspection duties per company policies including completion of required documentation, as-built drawings, contractor oversight/supervision, acting as company representative during construction activities, reporting progress to Operations Management, and ensuring accurate reporting and compliance with Safety and Environmental policies.
- Responsible for installing, relocating, replacing, maintaining, and repairing gas lines. Inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of company facilities including the installation, operation, and maintenance of distribution and transmission facilities.
- Responsible for performing and inspecting pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of company facilities including the installation, operation, and maintenance of all gas pipeline-related facilities.
- Train and oversee the company and third-party personnel as required (i.e. personnel in progression, contractors, visitors, etc.)
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications applicable to the job classification.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed. Be available for and provide an emergency response after regular business hours.
- Required to carry a company-provided cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Job planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high-pressure systems.
- Knowledge of basic properties of metals and plastic pipeline materials.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the public.
- Operate all plastic fusion equipment including all tools required for maintenance and emergency on plastic pipelines.
- Operate micrometers, calipers, and thickness testing equipment.
- Work from job-related blueprints, sketches, and diagrams.
The company offers a benefits package that includes an annual incentive program (based on a percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Black Hills Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com.