Welder or Welder/Fitter (Nights) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder or Welder/Fitter – Nights|
|Location||Bessemer, AL, United States|
Deshazo manufactures, designs, and installs overhead cranes. The company also offers parts, on-site inspection, repair, modernization, rebuilding, and maintenance services.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be responsible for using MIG welding equipment to manufacture parts and assemblies as required, meeting defined production schedules.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- The Completion of a welding course or AWS Certified is a plus.
- The candidates should have previous working experience as a welder or welder/fitter
- Arranges parts for welding and staging processes.
- Builds welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards.
- Ensures compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies, and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
- Operates other necessary equipment and performs tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications.
- Participates in and attends cross-functional meetings as required.
- Prepares and sets up necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Reports fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
- Supports the Quality Assurance department with respect to jig and fixture evaluation.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Knowledge of mechanical assemblies and testing
- Ability to stand/walk 95% of the workday
- Lift up to 60 – 80 pounds with assistance from overhead cranes or co-workers
- Possess depth perception and peripheral vision
- Possess hand/eye coordination and bilateral dexterity (gross and fine)
- Possess the ability to ascend and descend a ladder
- Possess the ability to hear
- Twist, reach and bend frequently
- Exposure to hot and cold conditions, noise, chemicals, heavy equipment, and machinery
- Subject to standing on hard surfaces up to 12 hours per day
- 401k plan with match
- 8 paid holidays
- Additional life insurance is available
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- Competitive pay
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation and personal leave time
- Short and long-term disability insurance available
- Tool purchase program
- Weekly pay periods with direct deposit
Deshazo is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, women, protected veterans, disabled, and other protected categories.
To apply for this job please visit deshazo.com.