Website Mullins Mechanical
Welder/Pipefitter Combo Job Highlights
|Location||Union, SC, United States|
Mullins Mechanical has a proven role in the mechanical industry by leaving behind a legacy of solidly built and dependable projects.
The company is looking for a Welder/Pipefitter Combo to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess a minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience (required)
- Must be able to weld qualification test coupon for-
-FCAW or GMAW welding process in the 3G and 4G position using Carbon Steel plate
-SMAW and GTAW welding processes in the 6G position with Carbon or Stainless-Steel pipe
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machines.
- Cuts pipe using a hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer, chisel, cutting torch, and pipe-cutting machine.
- Inspects the worksite to determine the presence of obstructions.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- Loads, transports, and unloads material, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold the pipe.
- Must be able to observe and recognize problems during the welding process and adjust speed, voltage, amperage, or feed of the rod accordingly
- Must be able to read and interpret prints and plans
- Observes and comply with all safety and project rules and all company policies and procedures
- Observes production machines in assigned area of the manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- Operate forklifts and overhead cranes
- Operate vertical/horizontal band saws
- Perform code (ASME, AWS, or API) compliant welds using GMAW, SMAW, GTAW, and FCAW processes
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Properly use fabrication shop hand tools. (grinders, drills, air tools, etc.)
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Required to work at a height out of the aerial lift and operate powered equipment
- Rig, hoist/lift, and move materials
- Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Selects the type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Threads the pipe using a threading machine.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to take detailed instructions
- Daily housekeeping of shop or work area
- Flexible working schedule to support project needs
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and safe work practices
- Must be able to read and understand weld symbols, weld procedures, and mechanical and structural drawings
- Must be able to use Oxy/fuel and Plasma hand-cutting torch
- Positive “can do” attitude and strong work ethic
- Willing to be challenged to improve welding skills to meet high-quality standards
- ASME pipe welding experience
- Experience with machine equipment such as a mill or drill press
- Familiarity with weld inspections and related NDE (RT, MT, PT)
- Familiarity with weld inspections, inspection documentation, and NDE (RT, UT, MT, PT)
- Fit-up and layout experience on structural/misc. steel and pipe spools
- Fit-up, layout, and welding experience on structural/misc. steel
- Formal/technical education
- Pipe welding experience with ASME B31.3, B31.4 and API 1104 codes
Mullins Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit mullinsmechanicalwelding.applytojob.com.