Welder/Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||Cincinnati, OH, United States|
LyondellBasell is one of the largest plastics, chemicals, and refining companies in the world. It is the world’s largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies.
The company is looking for a Welder/Pipefitter who will work on the primary role of this technician position is to provide welding and pipefitting maintenance support to LyondellBasell North American Polymers Research Development group through the Site Services Department.
This role will help to assure continuous, smooth, and safe operations within the Site Services Department by providing oversight and hands-on mechanical support to the many other site operations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma
- The candidate should have at least 10 years of working experience with maintenance and/or building infrastructure.
- Act as site lead for welding and pipefitting operations.
- Champion Safety through leading by example and participating in department and site safety programs and initiatives.
- Development of relationships with site employees, contractors, equipment suppliers, and parts distributors.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improving site safety.
- Plan and prioritize contract personnel to meet department objectives with Goal ZERO Safety performance.
- Prioritization of work requests in support of business strategy and customer needs.
- Review and approve Work Permits/Job Plans for contractors, such as repairs and inspections for motors, elevators, plumbing, roof surfaces, fire systems, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Scope, plan and safely implement facility projects within the Cincinnati Technology Center.
- Serve as backup support to the site warehouse technician and other department functions.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade the site’s Applications, Physical Testing, Analytical, and Catalyst Laboratory equipment as needed to maintain high availability.
- Ability to exert up to 18 pounds of push-pull force
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds from waist to shoulder periodically.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, technical schematics, and building drawings.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, climb ladders periodically up to 12 feet.
- Demonstrated strong safety knowledge in OSHA and NFPA regulations, including Lock, Out/Tag Out Confined Space, and Live Electric.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Effectively present information in small groups to contractors and employees.
- Possess basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing software for tracking maintenance and training activities.
- Strong mechanical background in pipefitting, fabrication, and general building maintenance.
- Associates Degree in related Technical Disciplines.
- Experience leading small projects
- Forklift and Aerial lift operating experience
- Welding experience, including a variety of types and materials.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
- Choice of Preferred Provider or Consumer-Driven Medical Plan including Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental, Vision, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and LTD Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Vacation and Holidays
- Educational Assistance
LyondellBasell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company evaluates all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin. disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lyondellbasell.com.