Welder Repair Technician I Job Highlights
|Title||Welder Repair Technician I|
|Location||Texarkana, AR, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is searching for a Welder Repair Technician who will troubleshoot and perform maintenance on welding systems and products distributed by the Company.
The position will perform work at the branch facility and at customer sites as required.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Technical college training (preferred)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of electrical or electronic experience or training or equivalent.
- Ability to represent the Company to our customers in a professional and courteous manner. Completes all service orders in a neat and timely fashion and obtains customer’s signature via Tech Software electronic ticketing system prior to leaving the facility.
- Attends all assigned career development training and passes all qualifying assessments.
- Communicates by phone and in-person with Service Coordinator, vendors, customers, sales staff, store managers, and others, providing information on repair times, ordering of parts and supplies, etc. Monitors progress of parts orders and notifies Service Coordinator when delays are observed.
- Communicate with the Service Manager and Service Coordinator on the job status, daily activities, and unsafe conditions of equipment and at the job site continuously in real-time through the Tech Software database and via voice mail or phone call. Prior to leaving a job area, check Tech Software for updates, emergencies, and other communications.
- During periods of inactivity in primary duties develops job-related skills through the online manufacturer and industry training.
- Follows Airgas safety procedures and attends monthly safety meetings. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas Southwest Region policies is a condition of employment.
- Integrated, automated welding and cutting and motion control systems.
- Maintains company-provided diagnostic equipment, tools, other equipment in clean, good working condition and within manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Properly safeguards and secures all company-issued equipment at all times.
- Manual, robotic, and semi-automatic GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, and PAW welding equipment including many custom semi-automatic systems.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment as needed. Must be able to use trade-type tools or hand tools.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record within company policies. Maintains company-provided vehicles in good operating and clean condition and delivers vehicles for all scheduled and necessary maintenance on time to appropriate facilities.
- Overtime when needed.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) on Airgas customer equipment per Company procedures. Updates Tech Software database with activities and results. Monitors and meets scheduled calibration and PM appointments on Airgas and Airgas customers’ equipment. Maintains confidentiality with customers.
- Reports all business expenses in a timely manner via company policies.
- Required to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performs other duties as may be assigned. Ability to work with little or no supervision, given proper instructions.
- Travels to customer sites to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs and/or perform routine maintenance and NIST traceable calibration on all types of Airgas equipment and products including, but not limited to:
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety rules, regulations, procedures as prescribed by Federal, State, local jurisdiction, and Company entities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and equipment manuals, parts diagrams, general business periodicals, professional journals, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Vendor/Manufacturer School Certificates of Training
- Airgas offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days.
- Airgas provides paid time off benefits for employees, including vacation, sick, holidays, and floating holidays.
- Company-paid uniforms are provided, as well as a safety boot and safety glasses allowance.
- In addition, Airgas also offers its employees a 401k Plan with company matching funds, Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Program.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.