Website The Greenbrier Companies
Welder Repairman Job Highlights
|Location||Red Oak, IA, United States|
|Company||The Greenbrier Companies|
The Greenbrier Companies is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and services.
The company is searching for a Welder Repairman to join its team for various manufacturing and engineering activities.
The employer did not mention educational level, yet it may be required a High School Diploma.
- The candidates should have up to 2 years of previous experience in a similar work environment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Maximize tool life.
- Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Production Manager or Plant Manager.
- Perform safety checks on every machine
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures
- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
- Use calipers, micrometers, or other types of measurement devices to check part dimensions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all employees.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Able to use a caliper, micrometer, and tape measure.
- Attention to detail in all work aspects.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Good communication skills.
- Know how to determine speed and feed rates.
- Required ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Use Understand basic machine operation.
- Heavy industrial equipment used
- Overtime required
- Stress to reach manufacturing goals
- With the exception of clerical, administrative, and some management positions, which require indoor work, the physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, dry/arid, and dusty conditions. Employees are required to use personal protective equipment as environmental conditions dictate.
- 401k Plan
- Discounts and Savings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Income Protection
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance Program
The Greenbrier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gbrx.com.