Website Cajun Industries
Welder – Structural Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Structural|
|Location||Morenci, AZ, United States|
Cajun Industries provides engineering and construction services. The company offers building construction, structural concrete, prefabrication, piping fabrication, scheduling, plant relocation, site development, and designing.
The company is searching for a Structural – Welder who will create frames for large structures. Must possess the ability to set up equipment and weld either pipe, plate, or structural steel using arc, gas-shielded arc, or gas welding equipment. Must be able to produce quality work with reasonable efficiency.
Will obtain certification as necessary. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work-related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in a plant operations or construction job site setting.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- The work experience is not mentioned; yet preferred.
- Assist other mechanics/ craft worked as needed
- Cut and drill structural metal pieces to size and place them into position for welding
- Ensure welds are well executed and meet safety and industry standards
- Perform simple piping installations and repairs
- Decision-making skills are necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders, and scaffolds
- Hand/eye coordination
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing/pulling, or standing and lifting
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
Cajun Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-cajunusa.icims.com.