Website Ingalls Shipbuilding (Huntington Ingalls Industries)
Welder – Structural Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Structural|
|Location||Pascagoula, MS, United States|
|Company||Ingalls Shipbuilding (Huntington Ingalls Industries)|
Ingalls Shipbuilding is America’s largest military shipbuilding company. It provides professional services to partners in government and industry.
HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups.
The company is looking for a Welder who will bond the steel together, giving ships their strength and integrity and thereby keeping sailors, military, and nation safe.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Responsible for the joining together of different types of metal materials with a variety of welding processes; the most basic of which are, Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) also known as “stick welding” and Flux-Core Arc Welding (FCAW) also known as “wire welding.”
- To work at different heights, confined spaces, different weather conditions as well as multiple shifts 24 hours a day.
- Must have the ability to pass a military specification welding assessment in the vertical (3G), horizontal (2G), and overhead (4G) positions.
- May be required to work either day or night dependent upon the number of ships under construction at any one point in time.
- The practice of working safely in all situations with safety procedures meeting, and most times, exceeding industry standards.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Vets and Disabled.
Note: U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
To apply for this job please visit careers.huntingtoningalls.com.