Website Newport News Shipbuilding (Huntington Ingalls Industries)
Welder/Structure Entry – Level Job Highlights
|Title||Welder, Structure – Entry-Level|
|Location||Newport News, VA, United States|
|Company||Newport News Shipbuilding, A Division of Huntington Ingalls Industries|
Newport News Shipbuilding, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, is the sole designer, builder, and refueler of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers and one of two providers of U.S. Navy submarines. The company provides fleet services for ships worldwide and, using nuclear and manufacturing expertise.
The company is seeking a Welder who will first be qualified through the shipyard’s state-of-the-art welding school. After completion of welding school, you will use a wide range of welding filler metals and welding processes to perform structural and/or pipe welds in all phases of ship construction.
The applicants will also receive additional training including certified visual inspection, fire watch, carbon arc, and troubleshooting minor welding equipment problems.
- The applicants should have a High School Graduate or Equivalent
- The candidates may be required previous work experience in the related field.
- Welders perform tack, fillet, and full penetration welding on steel foundations and structural and pipe joints in production on aircraft carriers and submarines.
- This will be done using various welding processes including SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding).
- These welds are made in all positions using both manual and mechanized processes and will satisfy all nondestructive tests requirements (visual inspection, magnetic particle inspection, ultrasonic inspection, radiographic inspection).
- Candidates must be able to work at extreme heights or in small confined spaces.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, crawl, bend, stoop and climb.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and must take and pass a respirator fit test.
- Must be able to work indoors/outdoors year-round in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts as production needs.
- Must be able to pass the Physical Agility Test.
- 401k company match
- Employee discounts
- On-site health center
- Offers competitive pay
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Weekly paychecks
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.huntingtoningalls.com.