Website Kokosing Construction Company
Welder (Structures) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Structures|
|Location||Charlottesville, VA, United States|
Kokosing Construction Company is one of the largest contractors in the country with unparalleled self-perform experience and resources to serve the transportation sector constructing everything from highways and iconic bridges to working in landfills. The company’s capabilities include asphalt and concrete paving, mass excavation, piling, post-tensioning, steel erection, and underground utilities.
The company is seeking a Welder (Shop/Heavy Highway) who will work at bridge/heavy highway construction projects in the area.
The candidates will fabricate, join, and repair equipment, fixtures, and structures by using various welding techniques.
The applicants may be required basic education i.e. High School Diploma
The applicants should be AWS Certified Welder in the following-
- D1.1 needed for all other structural weldings
- D1.5 (3G and 4G) required for bridgework
- There is no mention of work experience, yet candidates with it are a plus.
- Analyzes plans, drawings, work samples, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements.
- Designs, fabricates, joins, and/or repairs equipment, fixtures, and various types of metal objects and structures using oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, MIG, and TIG welding techniques.
- Must be able to work while tied off to fall protection.
- Operates drill presses, power saws, grinders, metal lathes, and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools.
- Skilled in the use of necessary hand and power tools.
- The employee must occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly work or walk on uneven ground or onboard floating equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Access and egress to barges, boats, and piers that require the ability to do so from moving surfaces due to water motion.
- Must have good vision and hearing for details at close range or in the distance.
- Regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, and a 401K plan.
- Driver’s license and good driving record – Class B CDL preferred
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit kokosing-jobs.sabacloud.com.