Welder Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Cambridge, Ontario, Canada|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is seeking a Welder Technician who will troubleshoot and recover breakdown situations related to welding in automated production equipment including automated welding machines, robotic welding cells, automated assembly lines, and other welding equipment available on the floor.
Implement modifications on existing machines to achieve better weld quality and productivity.
Provide technical support for maintenance personnel (electricians, millwrights) to solve issues with welding production equipment.
Set up and adjust robot welding path and develop weld parameters.
- Technician or Technologist College Diploma (welding specialization) – college/university
- 2-3 years or more of hands-on experience in troubleshooting of automated welding equipment
- Develop and maintain welding process parameter data sheets
- Develop and prove parameters for manual welding equipment
- Investigate reasons and propose solutions to reduce weld defects in production cells
- Provide support for operation-related activities such as quality assurance, production efficiency, and maintenance – all related to weld processes
- Setup and tune semiautomatic and robotic Mig weld processes to match customer requirements
- Support Mig, Tig, Plasma, and Resistance welding processes
- Train manual weld operators
- Trouble-shoot automated and manual production welding equipment
- Ability to create/modify robot programs- Fanuc and Motoman
- Ability to execute scheduled preventative maintenance tasks
- Ability to follow and adhere to customer welding specifications as per production part documentation
- Ability to follow weld road maps and touch up the welds according to cut and etch results.
- Ability to weld manually Mig, Stick, Plasma
- Computer literacy (Windows, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge about Resistance welding and use of Medar controller
- Understanding of communication methods and the appropriate use/frequency as circumstances warrant.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.