Welder Trainee (2nd/3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder Trainee – 2nd/3rd Shift|
|Location||East Peoria, IL, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is searching for a Welder Trainee who wants to become a welder but does not have training. The applicants will be trained to set up, operate, and adjust manual or automatic machines to perform welding operations in all positions.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a production environment
- They must be able to pass multiple welder qualification tests during the Caterpillar provided training
- 1 to 3 years of GMAW or FCAW welding experience
- Experience using GMAW or FCAW with 0.045” or larger wire
- Experience welding ½” or greater thickness material
- Technical school or equal educational background in a mechanical or similar discipline
- Follow documented procedures and standard work to perform safe and defect-free operations
- Operate robotic welding equipment
- Perform carbon arc cutting and gouging
- Perform manual finish welding operations on plain and alloy steels in all welding positions
- Sanding may be required to dress welds
- Use of jib and overhead crane to manually position workpieces
- Ability to become a qualified welder
- Ability to gain welder certification upon completion of classroom and hands-on weld school training
- Ability to perform simple computer operations
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands
- Ability to work well individually or in a team environment
- Good communication skills and a strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- After successfully passing the 6-week weld school training – welders will be converted from supplemental to full time with benefits
- They may be placed on any shift, dependent on business needs dictate, and in some areas required to work an alternate work schedule.
- Must be able to pass welder qualification requirements during the Caterpillar provided training by a Certified Welding Educator (CWE), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), or approved personnel
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.