Website Black Hills Energy
Welder (UN747) Job Highlights
|Location||Guernsey, WY, United States|
|Company||Black Hills Energy|
Black Hills Energy is a growth-oriented and vertically integrated energy company. The company’s non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas and coal.
The company is seeking a Welder who will be responsible for the installation of steel and polyethylene (PE) mains, fabrication of metering facilities, and related construction oversight.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associate of Applied Science or Diploma from Technical School (preferred)
- API 1104 welding certification (preferred)
- The candidates should have 3+ years of gas welding experience (preferred)
- Complete all applicable documentation and record-keeping.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation/maintenance of distribution, and transmission facilities.
- Inspect/oversee the construction or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes, and work plans.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and tariff requirements.
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping, and data entry duties per company policies.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public officials, emergency officials, and local organizations (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Responsible for inspection duties per Company policies including completion of required documentation, as-built drawings, contractor oversight/supervision, acting as Company representative during construction activities, reporting progress to Operations Management, and ensuring proper reporting and compliance with Safety and Environmental policies.
- Responsible for installing, relocating, replacing, maintaining, and repairing gas lines.
- Responsible for performing and inspecting pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation, and maintenance of all gas pipeline-related facilities.
- Train and oversee the company and third-party personnel as required (i.e. personnel in progression, contractors, visitors, etc.).
- Be available for and provide an emergency response after regular business hours.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager and be available to respond during working hours; may be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Other daily, weekly, and monthly duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Detailed oriented.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Job planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high-pressure systems.
- Knowledge of basic properties of metals.
- Knowledge of basic properties of plastic pipeline materials.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Operate all plastic fusion equipment including all tools required for maintenance and emergency on plastic pipelines.
- Operate micrometers, calipers, and thickness testing equipment.
- Work from job related blueprints, sketches and diagrams.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Applicable company and regulatory welding and fusion certifications.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Mental Description – Understand, remember, apply oral or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
- Continuously moves about the office and the job sites and operates machines and equipment. Frequently accesses low and high areas with additional equipment, ascends/descends stairs, maintains coordination, and engages in repetitive motions (kneeling, reaching). Occasionally use a respirator. Employee operates job-related equipment and tools. Routinely performs this work for an average of 8-10 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Regular, reliable, and timely attendance is expected.
- Specific lifting abilities required by this job include medium work.
- Occasionally perform work indoors and routinely perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather with moderate to high noise levels. Workers may be subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height, or close quarters (i.e., crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, narrow aisles, or passageways).
- The company offers a benefits package that includes an annual incentive program (based on a percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Black Hills Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com.