Welder (Weekend Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Weekend Shift|
|Location||Arden, NC, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is seeking a Welder who will perform routine welding operations of a repetitive and non-repetitive nature on standard and near-standard assemblies. Assist other operators in their work as directed/required.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should prior Certifications from a 3rd party (ex. AWS or Community College Welding Certificate) or equivalent work experience
- Inspect final component against work specifications
- Interpret work orders including; written, oral, Kanban cards, and drawings
- Maintain necessary tools and materials for continuous operation
- Operate equipment/machinery to produce parts
- Perform necessary operator maintenance on machining and fabrication equipment
- Perform TPM and 5S+ responsibilities daily
- Perform welding from manufacturing information, bills of material, written and/or oral instructions
- Pick up and place scrap in appropriate containers
- Provide on-the-job training for new operators
- Previous experience with manufacturing fabrication.
- Demonstrated MIG welding ability/knowledge – a welding demonstration is required
- Able to lift 35 pounds – waist, shoulder, overhead
- Able to read blueprints
- Able to read calipers and tape measures
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
- Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
- Proven history of safe work habits
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance.
- Donation matching (U.S. Canada, Puerto Rico).
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites).
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs.
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs.
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development.
Note: These programs are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is available for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Arden, NC facility will be considered.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.