Website TC Energy
Welder Job Highlights
|Function||Pipeline Construction Team|
|Location||Sugar Grove, OH, United States|
TC Energy provides energy infrastructure services for pipelines, storage facilities, and power-generation plants. It has three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation in three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
The company is seeking suitable candidates for working in a pipeline construction team. They will be responsible for supporting activities with welding for both structural and high-pressure piping systems.
- The aspiring applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or GED from a welding school.
- Candidates with post-secondary education in a related field or a welding certificate are preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Office including Word and Excel or similar software
- The candidates should have a minimum 3-year experience in pipeline construction or a related field
- Experience welding on high-pressure natural gas or oil pipeline systems, cellulose (mild steel), and low hydrogen.
- Assist and preparation of pre-job documentation
- Coordinate work activities and provide active control to third party contractors and able to work with and oversee contractors
- Ensure all work tasks and duties comply with TransCanada’s Operating Procedures (TOPs), Community, Safety and Environment policies, procedures, and related state legislation
- Hot tap high-pressure pipelines (Knowledge with TD Williamson tapping equipment considered an asset)
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA); review and creation of JSA’s
- Participate in pre-job planning and staging of equipment and resources prior to executing work activities
- Provide support for emergency pipeline repairs to both natural gas and oil pipeline systems
- Shop fabrication welding of piping assemblies and hydro testing
- Provide welding, cellulose (mild steel) and low hydrogen, and other construction-related support to Construction Services
- Welding branch connections on high-pressure natural gas pipeline systems in preparation for hot-tap work
- Other tasks as required
- Time management skills
- Proven strong planning and organization skills
- Knowledge of API 1104 welding regulations
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal direction
- Capacity to understand company practices and procedures and develop/apply site-specific procedures
- Ability to work with a computer and interface with management systems for expense preparation, timesheet reporting, and e-mail
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Applicant must demonstrate an ability to pass welding test per API 1104 regulations prior to hiring.
- A high degree of respect for safe work habits and the care and maintenance of tools
- Knowledge of labor, safety, and environmental regulations
- Willingness to learn and work towards continuous improvement
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Successfully complete pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
- Travel often (75%) to support construction activities in other company locations which will require overnight stays away from home and maybe for a long duration
Notice for Candidates
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level or ladder
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal or credit checks to comply with regulations
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.