Welders (Off Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welders (Off Shift)|
|Location||Jeffersonville, IN, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is seeking candidates who can apply appropriate welding processes to meet specifications, inspect and repair welds as needed to support the production and assembly of exhaust pipe components.
- The prospective candidates should possess a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have knowledge and experience of five welding processes i.e. fuel gas, stick electrode, gas metal arc, gas tungsten arc, and resistance.
- Apply appropriate welding process to weld and repair welds on parts per specifications.
- Must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity, and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks, and applicable work instructions.
- Handle materials and tools, set up complete appropriate weld processes, and inspect all welds and products to assure weld specifications are met.
- Perform as a team member of a cellular operating group, which requires the ability to learn, perform and rotate to other workstations within the cell.
- Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance on welding equipment to assure good, safe working conditions and complete daily forms.
- Perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance, and safety standards.
- Overtime as required/requested
- Assist in the implementation of Lean Principles.
- Assist other employees in cell group when welding is not required
- Assist the team in 5S advancements
- Clean welding station and maintain neatness in the surrounding work areas.
- Inspect all welds to assure each meets quality standards, and troubleshoot problems.
- Obtain supplies and parts required doing the job and performing proper setup of welding power supplies and controls.
Note: This list may not be all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to correctly use and read various gauges
- Ability to read and understand work orders, directions, charts, forms, and safety regulations
- Ability to set up welder, apply appropriate weld process, inspect the weld and make necessary adjustments
- Ability to work well with other employees in a team concept
- Buffing/grinding dust in some areas
- Confined workspaces
- High noise levels
- Varying temperatures (hot to cold)
- Weld flashes
- Welding fumes and smoke
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate extremely hot temperatures
- Extensive sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, torso twisting, hand and arm motion
- Good visual acuity
- Manual dexterity
Benefits offered day one of employment. Overtime is required during the week and on weekends.
An Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note: Applicants will have to pass a Background Check and a Drug screen upon job offer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.