Website Heil Environmental (Dover Company)
Welding Apprentice (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Apprentice – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Fort Payne, AL, United States|
Heil Environmental is a Dover Corporation operating company. It is the world’s premier manufacturer of ultra-durable, highly productive mobile refuse collection vehicles and the industry’s leading provider of collection solutions that help customers achieve long equipment life and the lowest total cost of ownership.
The Environmental Solutions Group – Heil Environmental is searching for a Welding Apprentice for its Apprenticeship Program. After completing the month-long process, applicants will be an American Welding Society (AWS) – Qualified Welder.
Note: Applications for this position are accepted year-round, 365 days a year, and on a constant basis.
Experienced welders need not apply!
- The applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates may not be required previous work experience as they are inducted into the Apprenticeship Program.
- Fills in and assists with whatever other duties, as called upon and/or as needed.
- Receive instruction and training in set/fit-up and finish welding.
- Responsible to demonstrate progress in learning to set/fit-up and finish weld.
- Committed to quality work with attention to detail.
- Effectively manage workload in consideration of the respective time demands.
- Efficient, accurate, willing to learn.
- Innovative, high integrity, adaptable.
- Self-motivated; able to function with a high sense of urgency.
- Willing to perform challenging as well as not-so-challenging tasks.
- Audible Demands – Requires ability to follow verbal instructions and to hear for safety purposes.
- Environmental – Exposure to plant environments with the presence of dust, fumes, noise, and fluctuating temperatures due to lack of climate control.
- Knowledge – Requires ability to understand general arithmetic; ability to write in an understandable manner; understand verbal or written instructions; ability to read and understand instructions, lists, billing materials; use PC based applications, including Mainstar, Outlook, and Microsoft Office, knowledge normally acquired through high school or equivalent experience.
- Manual Dexterity – Requires use of hands, arms, feet for repetitive lifting; use of hands and arms to operate all manufacturing equipment, meters, chains hoists, automatic drills, and general hand tools and to record written information.
- Mental – Requires normal attention with periods of high concentration intermittently to operate machinery approximately 50% of the time.
- Physical – Requires walking/standing approximately 70%, lifting up to 40 pounds approximately 15% of the time; involves repetitive overhead work approximately 10% of the time; involves repetitive stooping, forward bending, and crouching approximately 5% of the time.
- Visual – Requires the ability to visually observe essential functions for satisfactory job performance and safety; color and depth perception required.
Heil Environmental (a Dover Corporation operating company) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dovercorporation.com.