Website Bechtel Corporation
Welding Clerk Job Highlights
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is searching for a Welding Clerk who will provide support to more experienced construction engineering personnel by performing routine Welding Data inputs and Welding Doc Control retention assignments.
Executes administrative tasks and uses drawings and specifications in daily work. Maintains welder testing records as well as Perm Plant welds for quantities and construction welding inspection reports. Completes assigned tasks under close supervision and technical direction.
The position will report to the Lead Field Welding Engineer.
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Possess a minimum of 3 years previous experience, working with Bechtel’s BSAP’s, Teamwork’s, WITS, and Bechtel Welding and NDE Services welding program and forms WR-1/2/3.
- Assist with the request for new hire welder testing being conducted at the offsite Bechtel test shops.
- Communicate with appropriate supervision to ensure that welders are tested for material/procedure required.
- Compile and record VT acceptance, RT Report, Weld Card Data, and Subcontractor Reports.
- Complete Permits to Work and weld location maps for welds that require radiography.
- Create welder test sheets according to specifications and prepare test packets for welders on a daily basis.
- Maintain weekly database of welder certifications.
- Manage subcontractor daily time and material reports.
- Organize, file, and maintain welder certifications, test reports, weld cards, and NDE Reports.
- Provide the test results back to the Work Services Group and enter them into the QCLNG test shop log.
- Support the Welding Department including NDE Tech, Rod Room Attendants, PWHT Crew, Welding Engineers, and welders.
- Track welder turnover by maintaining the Welder Qualification Log and distributing as required.
- Track, review, and file weld cards.
- Update Teamwork’s or WITS (Bechtel’s Weld Tracking DataBase) on a daily basis for recording data on VT, NDE reports, and PWHT status.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills are required
- Excellent knowledge of Teamwork’s, E-track, and WITS databases
- Excellent knowledge of welding and NDE document control procedures
- Knowledge of basic safety awareness programs and safety compliance
- Knowledge of materials and weld techniques
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.