Welding Coordinator Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Coordinator, Rolling Stock Truck Structures|
|Location||Sacramento, CA, United States|
Siemens Mobility is a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport.
The company is seeking a welding coordinator who can have primary responsibility and authority for all aspects of weld planning for our rolling stock truck systems.
The position will be provided with the authority to issue instructions and will make decisions on technical problems independent of manufacturing pressures.
You will be working according to EN 15085-2 and AWS D1.1, D1.2, D1.3, and D1.6 standards. You will work from detailed engineering documentation, drawing, 3D models to develop a plan on how to most efficiently implement approved weld processes on the trucks and associated rail vehicles.
- The prospective candidates should have completed a B.S. Engineering in Mechanical or Weld Engineering from a technical institute or welding school.
- AWS certified Senior Certified Weld Inspector (QA), SCWI, or CWI
- The candidates should have 10+ years of experience in complex, safety-critical weld structures and processes (e.g. rail, aviation, naval, automotive, heavy equipment)
- Consult and support the design and implementation of weld cells, jigs, and fixtures related to standardizing weld processes and optimizing weld quality.
- Consult and support weld inspection activity
- Direction of welder qualification activities
- Oversight and coordination of all testing to quality and monitor fully and partially robotic welding.
- Prepare standardized weld plans and all required documentation including welding procedure specifications (WPS), procedure qualification records (PQR), and direction of all associated inspections and testing.
- Review engineering planning, concepts, drawings, and technology road map to introduce designed weld expectations into the reality of our production environment.
- Support of the selection of weld process, material, and testing equipment.
- A history of a hands-on approach to problem-solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
- A history of driving projects in adverse conditions.
- Ability to work from the boardroom (with management, customers), weld engineers, production floor.
- Comfort with transferring technical knowledge, manufacturing knowledge, and proprietary technologies from lead factories to market factories
- Firm project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines/schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
Impressive Things to Possess
- American Society for Quality Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Master Black Belt/Six Sigma Black Belt/Lean Expert Certification
- Certified International Welding Engineer WE (EWE) or IWT (EWT) according to EN 15085-2
- MS or advanced degree (or foreign equivalent) in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on weld process management
- Bi-lingual German and English
- Bi-Lingual Spanish and English
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Financial/Retirement – Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
- Health/Wellness – Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
- Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
- Office-Life – Flexible Work Hours, Diversity, and Inclusion Program
- Professional Development – Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within,
- Vacation/Time Off – Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal/Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens.com.