Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Cleveland, OH, United States|
AT&F (The American Tank and Fabricating Company) is a major producer of components for construction cranes and mining equipment, structural sections for shipbuilding, nuclear power plant-related components as well specialty stainless steel fabrications to serve chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
The company is seeking an experienced Welding Engineer who can play a critical role in achieving its strategic initiatives by reporting to the Heavy Fabricating Business Unit Leader and is responsible for all aspects of Welding Engineering to support AT&F customers’ satisfaction.
- The aspiring applicants should have B.S. Degree in Welding Engineering completed from a technical institute or welding school.
- Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) preferred
- AWS and ASME code work (minimum 5-year experience)
- Carbon, Stainless, and High Alloy Steels (3-5 years of experience)
- Managerial experience in heavy fabrication
- Military code work experience preferred
- Proven past experience in writing welding procedures
- Assign welding procedures
- Assure AT&F Team members safety, welfare, wellness, and health.
- Design welding fixtures
- Determine welding parameters
- Estimate welding hours and times
- Interface with operations, QC, weld engineering, program managers, and customers
- Maintain welder qualification records
- Manage equipment, maintenance, and supplies related to welding operations
- Perform surveillance and audits on welding operations
- Research new technologies for quality and efficiency gains
- Review contract requirements
- Welder training and development
- Write Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS)
- Ability to effectively coordinate with other managers and Team Members
- Deep understanding of blueprints, welding joint designs, and NDE/NDT
- Proficiency with MS Office tools and basic computer skills for email, web-based communications, and file sharing
- Proven ability to develop the skills and certifications of others.
- Earned Time Off
- Health and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Holidays
- Wellness Program
- Career Growth Opportunities
AT&F is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.atfco.com.