Website Bechtel Plant Machinery
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Monroeville, PA, United States|
|Company||Bechtel Plant Machinery|
Bechtel Plant Machinery is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). The company is a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high-quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer who will be responsible for various plant activities such as design, fabrication, installation, and refurbishment of equipment.
- The applicants should have passed a B.S. in Welding Engineering, Materials Science, or Metallurgical Engineering (with an interest in physical metallurgy) from an accredited college or university.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Welding Engineering, Materials Science, or Metallurgical Engineering (with an interest in physical metallurgy) preferred.
Note: Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- The candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience.
- Analysis of welding conditions
- Assisting with in-service inspections and evaluations
- Preparation, follow and reporting of welding development programs
- Review/preparation of welding and process instructions, standards, and specifications
- Surveillance and oversight of supplier processing and fabrication procedures
- Troubleshooting and failure analysis
- Application of welding in the design and fabrication of equipment.
- Preparation and interpretation of welding specifications and standards, and the metallurgy of materials to fabricate plant equipment or pressure vessels are desirable.
Note: Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Continuing Education and Training
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans – 401(k) Plan with company match; Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Bechtel Plant Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers-bpmionline.icims.com.