Website Lincoln Electric
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is seeking for welding engineer who will design, develop and evaluate welding consumables and associated processes; to conduct applied research into new areas of welding consumable design and/or on new welding processes.
- The prospective applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Metallurgy, or Materials Science from a college/school.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience.
- Applies engineering and scientific principles in the design and execution of development projects. Assignments are broad in scope, requiring originality and ingenuity within the specific field of specialization. Typically works as part of a cross-functional team on projects of larger scope and greater complexity.
- Develops new welding consumables, welding processes, and/or test methodologies in accordance with company policies/procedures and in consideration of market needs, requiring direct interface with customers, sales and marketing industry codes, standards, and specifications, and manufacturing process capabilities, requiring direct interface with manufacturing and methods personnel.
- Develops/refines test methods, as applicable, to support new product development and product evaluations.
- Establishes standards and methodologies for and conducts evaluations of product performance.
- Facilitates the development of manufacturing process capabilities to support the introduction of new products.
- Maintains records of all work in process and documents interim/final results in the applicable format. These include Project Definitions, Milestone Plans, ES Reports, Technical Reports, Project Tracking Progress Reports, and presentations at meetings/seminars.
- May provide task-oriented direction to Technicians, Technologists, and/or Engineers Level 1/2 in the execution of development projects.
- Structures the projects and provides supervision and mentoring to Engineering Interns.
- Typically, works with minimal direct supervision, conferring with superiors as needed. Has appreciable latitude for independent action or decision.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint, as a minimum.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of engineering and scientific principles, practices and procedures, within the field of specialization, to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Possesses and applies both practical and fundamental understanding of various arc welding processes.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and statistical Design of Experiments methodologies.
- Works effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.