Website Concurrent Technologies Corporation
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Johnstown, PA, United States|
|Company||Concurrent Technologies Corporation|
Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC) is an independent, nonprofit, applied scientific research and development professional services organization that provides management and technology-based solutions to a wide range of clients representing state and federal government as well as the private sector.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer to join its team for management and engineering needs.
- The applicants should have completed an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical, Materials, from a college/university or Welding Engineering with minimal experience
- The candidates should have a previous basic understanding of materials and joining processes
- Friction Stir Welding experience (preferred but not necessary.
- Able to develop welding projects/solutions for various DoD and commercial customers
- Able to set up welding processes and trials to determine weld metal characteristics
- Design and engineer FSW fixturing and other support equipment to ensure sound weld execution
- Design of experiments and process modeling a plus
- Determine appropriate mechanical testing and/or microstructure analyses of welds and weld joints
- Develop Friction Stir Welding parameters and apply them to new and unique client applications
- Familiar with standard welding practices, theory, microstructure, methods, heat inputs, cooling rates, etc.
- Interest and/or experience in Friction Stir Welding
- Provide hands-on support to set up and perform FSW
- 5+ years of Friction Stir Welding experience
- 5+ years of welding and fabrication background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Materials, or Welding Engineering with 5 years of experience
- Creative and innovative in joining technologies/materials
- Robotic welding experience
- Willingness to learn
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Accident Insurance
- Bereavement Leave
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday and Paid Leave
- Health Savings Account
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Medical and Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Mutual Funds
- Personal Cancer Expense Protection Insurance
- Parking Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Program
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Selling Paid Leave
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Program
- Transportation Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program
CTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ctc.com.