Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Plainfield, IL, United States|
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. The company provides a technology-driven approach to design and build infrastructure solutions to responsibly transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs.
CB&I® Storage Solutions (McDermott group) is the most experienced and the only worldwide builder and designer of industrial storage products and facilities.
This position is an individual contributor role requiring advanced knowledge in CB&I Storage Solutions, its product line, and industry welding practices.
The role directly reports to the regional operations lead and routinely interacts with the regional quality team.
- The applicants should have a Professional Degree (Engineering preferred) from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Assists Safety Department when needed with special safety aspects of welding, burning, and testing.
- Can independently resolve NCRs.
- Capable of independently solving problems.
- Capable of taking the lead in performing Post Weld Heat Treatments and Pressure Testing of tanks and vessels.
- Communicate with field supervision to provide project support and guidance with the application of welding, NDE, and testing procedures.
- Communicate with Project Management to provide project support for welding, NDE, test planning, and scheduling.
- Compile engineering deliverables into a Field Contract Instruction Handbook, which provides the instructions, procedures, documents used to perform and record welding, inspection, and testing of our products.
- Participate in field visits to view and verify quality performance.
- Produce contract specific inspection and test plans
- Provides guidance for field supervision on the collection and recording of field-produced test results and records.
- Provides guidance to field crews in the application of welding and NDE testing procedures.
- Regional SME in welding procedures/practices.
- Review customer specifications provided with a Request for Quotation and provide to estimating any items that will require additions.
- Extensive Experience in Welding procedures and practices
- Familiarity with the Energy and Storage Tank Industry preferred
- Knowledge of CB&I Storage Engineering, Fabrication, and Construction methods
McDermott is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit cbi.taleo.net.