Website Path Robotics
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
Path Robotics is an Artificial Intelligence company focusing on the manufacturing industry. The company specializes in robotics and automation, fluid and solid mechanics, instrumentation, and data analysis, and software and database solutions.
The company is looking for a Welding Engineer who will work side-by-side with a team of welding engineers to develop an autonomous robotic welding system capable of automatically generating custom motion plans and weld parameters for any part that it sees.
You will also support teams with welding experiments, generating the data that propel our technology forward.
The position will report to the Weld Engineering Manager.
- The applicants may be required to possess basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience developing procedures for robotic arc welding applications.
- Partner with robotics engineers to develop a set of rules for how to move the workpiece and robot end-effector to automate trajectory generation
- Perform robotic welding experiments to test other systems in development including sensors and inspection systems, path planning and welding strategies, and new hardware
- Run weld parameter selection experiments to identify a range of welding parameters (voltage, wire-speed, travel speed) that can be used for new customer applications
- Work with our hardware team to fabricate test coupons for application feasibility testing and other in-house experiments
- Ability to understand weld symbology and print interpretation
- Able to understand dynamic robotic welding technologies including adaptive fill, touch sensing, and seam tracking
- Have a background in fusion-based weld parameter development for several metal alloys
- Have experience with Design of Experiment (DoE) principles
- Have experience with metal additive manufacturing
- Have experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Proficient in programming industrial robotics including Yaskawa, ABB, Kuka, and Fanuc platforms
- Proficient with manual welding processes including GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, and SMAW
- Minimum of 25% travel required, in which you will be interfacing and working directly with customers.
Path Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.