Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Little Rock, AR, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is hiring a Welding Engineer who will work for welding development, fabrication, and tooling support in research and business unit projects.
The role develops and evaluates welding processes that meet or improve weld safety, quality, velocity, and cost.
Near-term responsibilities will include leading projects focused on digitization of the weld planning and quality processes.
Business unit support includes the development of weld quality plans, troubleshooting and root cause analysis, weld process or parameter development, or other joining related needs.
The role contributes to maintaining joining related specifications, standards, and manufacturing practices.
Note: The primary location for this position is Peoria, IL.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Welding Engineering, Welding Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering with Fabrications experience, Manufacturing Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering Technology with a focus in welding from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 10 years or more experience in Welding Engineering or Fabrications
- Collaborate on multi-disciplinary technical assistance teams to provide superior welding process solutions.
- Collaborate with the Caterpillar welding community to develop and implement welding processes
- Communicate welding process improvements to the Caterpillar welding community
- Keep up to date on new technologies in the areas of joining
- Lead or contribute to projects to implement pieces of the Welding Digital Thread
- Lead or contribute to welding and fabrication development projects including projects focused on digitization of weld planning and quality processes
- Mentor less experienced welding engineers
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector
- Experience analyzing weld quality and manufacturing data
- Experience creating welding standard work
- Experience with Caterpillar Welding Specifications, Standards, and Manufacturing Practices
- Experience with manufacturing data systems
- Experience with reading prints and GD&T
- Experience with weld process development and procedure qualification
- Experience with welding failure analysis
- Experience with welding/manufacturing process planning and quality systems/tools
- Experience/Certification with non-destructive weld inspection methods
- Robot Programming experience
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the Caterpillar welding community
- Ability to facilitate/lead change across multiple organizations
- Ability to function as an individual contributor or project team leader
- Ability to network and establish collaborative relationships within Caterpillar
- Ability to travel internationally 25% of the time
- Deep understanding of weld process planning and factory execution processes
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- The company offers a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.