Website Aecon Group
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Kincardine, ON, Canada|
Aecon Group is a construction company in Canada. It provides services to private and public sector clients across its three core segments of Infrastructure, Industrial, and Concessions. Aecon produces construction materials including asphalt and aggregate materials, and pre-construction and pre-fabrication materials developed in eight company-owned fabrication facilities across Canada.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer who will be responsible for supporting all aspects of qualification and production welding of nuclear components.
- The applicants should have a Welding Engineering Degree or Metallurgical Engineering
- Professional Engineer designation (required)
- Certification as a CWB Welding Engineer or Supervisor would be an asset.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing/fabrication or related industry knowledge
- Welding background from a university of recognized standing plus a minimum of 5 to 10 years of practical experience.
- Ability to interpret drawings, codes, standards, and procedures and communicate review findings with applicable project personnel.
- Advise, perform or direct the preparation of Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS), Weld Procedure Qualification (WPQ), and Procedure Qualification Records (PQR).
- As required, manage the qualification of welders for field and shop welding personnel.
- Collect, review, analyze, and implement OPEXs from project sites.
- Conduct technical reviews of Requests for Quotation, Requests for Proposals (RFQ/RFP), and contracts for welding requirements.
- Contribute as a member of a team that provides engineering design and analysis including the preparation of design documentation in the area of the mechanical design of retubing and field services tooling and tooling upgrades.
- Create and review weld procedures that meet customer, Code, specifications, and local jurisdictional authority requirements.
- Develop welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment, using knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and weld engineering principles.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Aecon Red Book Safety requirements.
- Maintain a database of Welding Procedure Specifications, PQRs, and Heat Treatment Instructions.
- Preparation of Heat Treatment Instructions.
- Prepare a broad range of documentation including but not limited to design requirements, technical specifications, assessment documents, requisitions for weld consumables, including Special Purchasing Instructions.
- Provide expertise and work closely with craft labor and supervision to determine optimal welding parameters with equipment type, process, joint configuration, and consumable selection.
- Provide training, guidance, and advice to staff performing welding tasks (including weld repair and inspection) and in the development and refinement of welding parameters and techniques, including guidance through weld procedure qualification, as well as information about the operation of welding tools and the execution of detailed work instructions.
- Review detailed drawings and determine joint configurations and weld symbols.
- Stay current with and introduce new technologies to the shop.
- Supervise and witness PQR tests, record the actual ranges, prepare requisitions for chemical and physical testing with a lab, and certify PQRs.
- Support registration of PQRs with local jurisdiction.
- General knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of NDE methods for VT/MT/PT/RT and UT.
- Knowledge of CANDU systems in general and field experience at CANDU nuclear plants would be an asset.
- Results-oriented; takes ownership of tasks assigned.
- Strong knowledge of engineering materials and metallurgy.
- Strong working knowledge of ASME Codes Section I, Section II Part A, Section II Part B, Section II Part C, Section III Division I, Section VIII Division I, Section IX, CWB W47.1, and CSA W59, CSA N285, N286, and B51, CSA Z662, API 6D, AWS D1.1/D1.6, ASME B31.1, and ASME B31.3 Quality Program are essential.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge with MS-based computer applications.
Aecon has every intention of fostering diversity within and across our organization. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.aecon.com.