Website American Honda Motor Company
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||East Liberty, OH, United States|
|Company||American Honda Motor Company|
American Honda Motor Company is a subsidiary of Honda Motor Company. The company combines product sales, service, and coordinating functions of Honda in North America.
The company is responsible for the distribution, marketing, and sales of Honda and Acura brand automobiles, Honda power sports products, including motorcycles, scooters, and all-terrain vehicles, and Honda power equipment products, including lawnmowers, tillers, string trimmers, snow blowers, generators, small-displacement general-purpose engines, and marine outboard engines.
The company is looking to hire a Welding Engineer who will work to ensure body in white structural integrity by establishing and leading systems to develop, implement, and sustain various welding and joining processes beginning at the new model prototype phase throughout the mass production lifecycle.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering or equivalent
- Be an Entry-level welding Engineer (manufacturing experience preferred)
- Control, investigate and make proposals of specs for joining equipment needs (in the areas of new equipment, consumables, joining hardware, spare parts, preventative maintenance, and inspection technologies) and act as liaison to vendor(s) to optimize and standardize joining equipment.
- Create and maintain weld quality reporting and documentation for the department to manage daily production and compliance.
- Develop a thorough understanding and apply engineering standards, spec/drawing and Honda quality systems and methods to hold accountability, prevent outflow, and ensure compliance.
- Develop testing and procedures for quality verification and inspection to prevent shipment of nonconforming products.
- Lead or actively participate in department initiatives such as business plan, loss elimination, knowledge share/transfer, continuous improvement, and engagement.
- Maintain regular communication with other facilities, reduce duplicate workload, and collaborate on global joining activity.
- Make, update and revise training material for joining processes and conduct training to improve department skill levels.
- Meet requirements of new model development and maturation (parameter development, destruct/countermeasure, quality standard sheets, drawing review, feasibility studies, and build support) to achieve milestone targets and smooth launch.
- Optimize usage of joining sub materials to reduce department operating expenses while maintaining product and manufacturing characteristics.
- Perform destructive analysis of the body in white structure to ensure quality standards and targets are met through the analysis of welds, sealers, and adhesives then report these findings
- Provide engineering technical knowledge to manage non-conforming product evaluation, execution, and containment to minimize impact to plant operations or customers.
- Experience with manufacturing processes and practices
- Familiarity with 6-axis robot systems (Fanuc and Yaskawa)
- Good communication with internal and external groups
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing and measurement practices
- Knowledge of resistance spot weld and arc welding theory, principles, and practices
- Laboratory measurement experience
- Preferred ability to read and understand mechanical drawings – both 2d and cad environment
- Problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint design and excel formulation)
Additional Position Factors
- 40% office, 40% production floor, 20% meetings on average
- 5-10 hours paid overtime per week on average
- Infrequent off-shift support
- Opportunity for short-term travel/business trips/training
- Plant floor, Office, some lifting
- 401K Program
- Bonus Program
- Company Car Program
- Competitive Base Pay
- Honda Product Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Relocation Assistance
- Remote Work Opportunities
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job please visit hondana.taleo.net.