Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Moon Township, PA, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and reliably.
The company is looking for a Welding Engineer who will be the primary source of subject matter expertise for welding operations within the Power Components Division.
This role provides guidance and direction to engineering and production through a combination of education, personal knowledge, and experiences as well as through external consultants and partners.
Expertise includes welding materials and processes, including resistance brazing, induction brazing, furnace brazing, spot welding, laser welding, and ultrasonic welding.
They lead welding-related activities in new technology development and deployment, tool and process development, materials assessment, part design assessment, organizational development, knowledge transfer, and process problem-solving.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Possess 5 years of Welding experience, including welding process development and optimization
- Experience in welding fixture design and development (production and test)
- Automation experience
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement
- Experience in New Product Development
- Experience in project planning
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Material Science or Metallurgy experience
- Six Sigma certification
- Spot welding, laser welding, ultrasonic expertise
- Welding degree or certification
- Assesses and drives improvement in new and existing welding processes and procedures for Product Line Support and Product Robustness projects, including troubleshooting of production and NPI issues related to welding.
- Be knowledgeable of welding operations across PCD; leads welding process development for the division.
- Designs and industrializes welding and automation processes, fixtures, and equipment for NPD. Validates processes using applicable Six Sigma tools. Ensures safety, quality, and yield requirements are met.
- Develops and maintains Welding Standard Work; develops and delivers training to engineering and production personnel.
- Develops and mentors plant Welding leads. Identifies resource gaps in welding areas (personnel, equipment, fixtures).
- Develops process verification testing procedures, such as destructive torque tests or non-destructive ultrasonic test capabilities.
- Develops set-up procedures for NPD welding processes to comply with electrical safety, machine guarding, hot work, and any other applicable safety procedures (e.g. Omron, ENHESA, NFPA, OSHA).
- Establishes and provides welding design for manufacturability guidelines to support NPD.
- Maintains awareness of the leading process and material technologies and trends and applicability to PCD operations.
- Supports business case development for new equipment, welding improvement projects, and investments in new welding technologies.
- Supports NPI project requirements related to the industrialization of welding processes, including capital and expense budgeting, product cost, and schedule.
- Demonstrated expertise in materials, tools, machines, and approaches for different welding technologies, including resistance brazing, induction brazing, furnace brazing
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future
- Trained in Six Sigma statistical process analysis (i.e. Gage R&R and CPK)
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.