Website American Axle & Manufacturing
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Three Rivers, MI, United States
|American Axle & Manufacturing
American Axle & Manufacturing is a world leader in the engineering, manufacturing, validation, and design of driveline systems, chassis systems, and forged products for trucks, buses, sport utility vehicles, passenger cars, and commercial vehicles.
The company is seeking an individual to be part of a tier-one automotive drive train supplier and who can push boundaries and drive solutions for the future.
- The applicant should have passed a Bachelor of Science in Welding Engineering Technology or equivalent training from a welding school.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2-4 years of welding experience in Manufacturing Systems
- GMAW, RSW, Laser, Friction, and MIAB Welding experience is preferred
- Advanced level of Robotic Welding experience
- Assist welding engineering groups at each site
- Assist with all new welding processes for the corporation
- Establish and coordinate required tooling activities or reviews and evaluates proposals for existing and new manufacturing processes
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and procedures within the area of responsibility
- Assist with welding training programs at each site
- Evaluate received supplier bid packages on quoted programs and report recommendations
- Formulate specification packages for release programs to outside suppliers
- Maintain AAM welding specification/welding manual
- Manage manufacturing engineering documentation
- Monitor and provide direction throughout the build process according to QS/ISO and AAM specifications procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Program management of welding projects for different AAM sites
- Provide continuous welding improvements at each facility
- Provide cost requirements for relevant programs
- Provide support for equipment runoff and PPAP
- Provide support for new launches at suppliers and plant sites including international facilities (Mexico, South America, Europe, and Asia).
- Provide support for other plant floor operations as required
- Provides technical support to manufacturing personnel
- Review all processes and work with outside suppliers to explore new welding processes
- Review and finalize supplier selection with other responsible parties and departments
- Review new equipment purchases and rebuild projects for different plants
- Specify the process for new programs or modify for existing programs
- Must be flexible between shifts
- The functional level of hands-on Robot Programming skills
- Must be able to work weekday and weekend overtime as needed
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law.
AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.aam.com.