Website Bechtel Corporation
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer who will interpret welding design drawings and specifications, field verification of materials, welder testing and heat treatment/stress relief, and aid welding personnel as required.
This position is not considered the design authority for the project, but only to enforce welding construction per design.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines from an accredited university
- Must be certified level II in Visual Testing (VT) method per ASNT TC-1A
- Possess a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience; or in lieu of the degree, 15 years of relevant experience
- Administer major subcontract changes regarding the welding discipline and represent the company in major contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Approve field requisitions as delegated by the Field Construction Manager.
- Coordinate and monitor the interface between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the job site.
- Coordinate subcontract activities to ensure welding materials, equipment and quality comply with design plans and specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering on constructability and design issues relating to the welding discipline, such as welding code requirements and heat treatment/stress relief.
- Coordinate with Field Supervision and Subcontractors to plan/support construction schedules.
- Develop and manage the welding construction quality program.
- Direct preparation of cost estimates for welding construction activities and coordinate the preparation of cost reports, forecasts, and progress reports.
- Direct the preparation of requisitions for field procured materials, material substitution, services, and equipment including weld consumables.
- Establish a welding design/field engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Project Engineer, including the agreement on welding engineering deliverables and overall construction application configuration management.
- Implement controls over variables affecting welding installation progress such as weld consumables, documentation, and welder certification. Also ensure engineering and procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and equipment and that other corporate programs are fully utilized.
- Interface with Project Controls for submittal of quantities to ePCWorks.
- Perform other duties as required by Bechtel management.
- Plan and recommend welding procedures to be implemented by Field Supervision to ensure construction operations are within the requirements of engineering design and specifications.
- Responsible for quantity take-off, control, tracking, reporting, and forecasting for the welding discipline.
- Review material receiving reports and warehousing to assure delivery of correct welding materials.
- Specify the welding criteria for the construction of temporary construction facilities as required.
- Validate and submit (discipline) construction quantities for Quantity Unit Rate Report (QURR) tracking.
- Work with customer’s resident engineering and operating personnel to coordinate welding construction activities.
- Basic ability to utilize the TeamWorks automation suite as the Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs)
- Basic knowledge of Project Technical Requests (PTR) for routing and resolving Requests for Information (RFIs), Field Change Documents (FCDs), and Non-Conformance/Compliance Reports (NCRs) between project sites, contractors, clients, and home office
- Basic knowledge of work packaging and basic ability to manipulate completions module and PunchWorks for interface with the start-up team
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety, and Health (ES&H). Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program
- Have a working knowledge of the construction welding operations and installations
- Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Must be familiar with current industry quality standards
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.