Website BWX Technologies
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Euclid, OH, United States|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is looking to hire a Welding Engineer who will provide general weld engineering support to the manufacturing floor to aid workflow and maintain quality requirements for welding and brazing operations.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Welding Engineering or Weld Engineering Technology from a college/university
- B.S. in Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering with prior experience in a Weld Engineer function or equivalent weld/braze experience (considerable)
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in Manufacturing/Engineering or equivalent is preferred but entry-level will be considered.
- Experience in manual and automated GTA welding of stainless and high nickel base alloys materials (preferred)
- Experience in torch brazing copper (preferred)
- Develop, qualify, prepare, and maintain welding/brazing procedures in accordance with the applicable standards.
- Interface with Quality Assurance, Process Engineering, Product Engineering, and other functional departments to support the resolution of hardware joining problems.
- Interface with the Materials Laboratory to support testing of qualification test assemblies.
- Investigate and recommend new welding and brazing techniques/equipment/process improvements.
- Monitor joining operations in the manufacturing area to support established schedules while assuring procedure compliance.
- Provide engineering support for production joining operations and employee training and qualifications.
- Provide technical assistance regarding standard and repair routings.
- Provide technical support to hourly weld personnel regarding weld functions (not direct supervision).
- Other weld engineering tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance
- Established leadership ability and skills
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills
- Working knowledge of military welding standards such as NAVSEA 250-1500-1 or MIL-STD-278 preferred
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.