Website BWX Technologies
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (Weekend Shift)|
|Location||Barberton, OH, United States|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer to join its team.
- Applicants require a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineer from a college or university
- Actual welding proficiency is not required, but hands-on experience is desirable.
- Possess working knowledge of commercial or military welding qualifications and fabrication specifications through practical experience or school classes.
- Identification, design, procurement, and implementation of welding equipment or fixture needs.
- Preparation and review of welding/fabrication plans (i.e. bead placement sketches, setup sheets, welding instructions)
- Preparation, review, approval, and release of written welding procedures in accordance with specifications and weld procedure qualifications
- Qualification, documentation, and maintenance of welding procedures and welders/weld operators.
- Supervision of welders and welding operators on critical weld operations.
- Troubleshooting of welding operations (i.e. weldability issues, welding equipment failures)
- Must have a theoretical understanding of the welding of ferrous and non-ferrous base metals. This understanding includes but is not limited to the bulk base metal microstructure, bulk phase transformations of the base metals and weld metal that can occur during a welding process, and the proper selection of filler metals.
- Must have a theoretical understanding of the gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, shielded metal arc, submerged arc, and plasma arc welding processes.
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.