Website Johnson Controls
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Marinette, WI, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer who will be responsible for supporting the current manufacturing and facilitating the continuous improvement processes associated with the manufacturing methods and processes in the plant facility.
Manages all weld certifications at a local plant.
Also develops solutions for production problems related to materials, processes, and tooling.
Supports new products and programs by developing new processes, designing tooling and machinery, and developing production controls.
Responsible for set-up of new equipment, ensuring proper operation of the new equipment, and teaching others the proper use of this equipment.
Accountable for applying sound economic methods to equipment and space utilization to meet design and quality criteria with the lowest expense and consistent with the facility’s financial and non-financial objectives.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering from a college/university
- Possess 3 to 5 years of progressive, hands-on weld engineering experience (preferred)
- Previous experience with new products and process introductions along with a working knowledge of lean manufacturing practices and procedures (required)
- Requires knowledge of formal problem-solving methods along with experience with financial controls and product costing
- Coordinates new product development and cost-reduction activities.
- Develops processes, methods, tooling, and production controls for new products and programs; supervises their assembly and proofing.
- Generates Welding Procedure Specification, Procedure Qualification Record, and all other supporting documents.
- Leads and mentors weld technician
- Manages capital equipment planning and procurement activities.
- Oversee administration of testing and qualification of welders
- Participates in and leads Kaizen events.
- Plans, justifies and implements facility changes to produce the forecasted volume of product economically.
- Plans, supervises, and executes work measurement, and defines operations and operation balance to TAKT time.
- Responsible for labor routing, capacity planning, TPM, and cost estimating.
- Reviews specifications and bid proposals and cost estimate request to establish the feasibility of accepting orders. Determines manufacturability, investment requirements, product cost, and delivery schedules.
- Supports and leads 5S activities
- Supports Lean Manufacturing and Flow Manufacturing
- Supports production to resolve any welding/brazing issues
- Factory 4.0/Smart Factory
- Metal forming and fabrication
- New product introductions/launches
- Robotic automation
- Six Sigma/Lean certification or experience
Additional preferred qualifications-
- BOM/Routing Development
- Demonstrated track record of solving problems quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Must possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- New equipment development and capital execution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) as well as Internet software and E-mail (required)
Environmental, Health, Safety
- Act as emergency management coordinator for meeting locations and shelter areas. Initiate accountability in the event of an emergency (i.e., what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
- Ask questions if something isn’t known
- Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
- Capability to enforce satellite accumulation rules and requirements
- Comply with EHS rules
- Coordination in minor spill management and clean-up
- Ensure completion of EHS training by all Employees. Participate actively in the safety process
- Ensure the completion of all hazardous and non-hazardous waste training. Ability to recognize deficiencies in chemical labeling.
- Initiate an investigation into all accidents and injuries immediately.
- Lead the work area with a safe culture mindset.
- Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
- Submit suggestions to improve EHS and take action on suggestions submitted by employees.
- Support employees in their decision to shut down unsafe or environmentally damaging equipment or processes.
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.