Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Jackson, MI, United States|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is searching for a Welding Engineer who will develop welding techniques, special processing procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving the fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles.
Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding/special processing methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new patterns of welding phenomena or correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution plus 1 or more years of manufacturing or hands-on experience in welding
- Possess work-related experience (preferred)
- Might perform experimental welding/special processes to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes utilizing ProLaunch, MESH, and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Direct and coordinates technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers’ compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification
- Evaluate new developments in welding/special processing fields for possible application to current welding University training processes or problems with current production processes.
- Recommend and implement changes in products and processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost out).
- Support on-time delivery of Manufacturing Transitions involving welding/special processes, processes through the development of welding procedures, including troubleshooting fixture and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process, and implementing continuous flow concepts.
- Support special process and customer audits; and develop standard work instructions and training material. Deliver training to employees.
- Take ownership of ME and OpEx action items in the ProLaunch and STP/NPI processes to support growth initiatives.
- Work directly with production associates, from all levels of the plant, in the implementation of projects in order to build an inclusive culture and processes that meet the needs of all employees and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Weld Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience in GTAW, resistance welding Spot welding, Seam welding, and Electron beam welding
- Experience with 3D solid modeling and drafting (Solidworks, CATIA, etc.)
- Experience with all types of welding/special processing and associated specifications and controls
- Experience with Nadcap (or other industry standards) audits preferred.
- Experience with using GTAW, resistance welding Spot welding, and Seam welding. Electron beam welding and laser
- Minimum 1 year of engineering, operations, or manufacturing experience
- Minimum 1 year of welding experience
- Strong knowledge of Quality systems, methods, and practices; QS 9000, AS9100, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, NADCAP, and MSA
- Strong understanding and working experience with GD&T.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
- Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Jackson, MI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Requires use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.