Website Chart Industries
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Theodore, AL, United States|
Chart Industries, focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer who will provide technical resources to develop, maintain, and implement weld processes.
Work closely with design engineering, quality, drafting, and production management/staff to resolve production issues.
This position will provide direction and support to direct reports.
- Applicants should have a BS Degree in Weld Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (college/university), or equivalent
- Possess a minimum 5 years of experience as Weld Engineer in shop production or field construction
- Familiarity with all aspects of the GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW, and SMAW weld processes as related to aluminum, stainless, and carbon steel welding.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of statistical control.
- Familiarity with NDE basics including RT, UT, LPT, MPT, and VT
- Assignment and control of WPS/PQR/WPQR on a wide range of aluminum, stainless, and carbon steel alloys and associated filler metals/fluxes and shielding gases in compliance with ASME IX, EN 15614-1,2 and AWS D1.1 using GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW and SMAW processes
- Assist in the set-up of training programs for both hands-on and classroom environments. Training programs cover a full range of activities in a technically challenging welding environment.
- Assist Quality Control/Shop floor supervision in quality improvement initiatives and the review of statistical data to determine and implement ways and means to continually improve in the reduction of weld repairs and weld rework. Review RT, LPT, UT, or other NDE inspections as required for continued process improvements
- Control and maintenance of WPQ including control and maintenance of continuity/prolongation logs as required for GTAW-AC/DC, GMAW semi-automatic, GMAW machine, FCAW, SAW, and SMAW processes on a wide range of aluminum, stainless, and carbon steel alloys and filler metals in compliance with ASME IX, EN 9606-1,2 and AWS D1.1
- Development of new processes, procedures, and weld technology for the advancement and development of improved manufacturing procedures, quality improvement, and reduction in fabrication, assembly, and weld costs
- Identification and resolution of production problems on the shop floor on a 2-shift basis. Problem resolution may include coordination with design engineering, quality control, drafting, sales, and production supervision.
- Maintain, control, and administer the issuance of internal and customer-required documents as related to Weld Maps, WPS/PQR/WPQR. Issuance of these documents will require familiarity with customer specifications as well as the requirements of ASME VIII, IX, EN15614 and 9606
- Provide direction to shop floor technicians in assignments as required maintaining any of the ongoing needs for testing, training, process implementation, or other shop floor activities
- Provide timely reports to management on ongoing shop floor activities, training, perceived areas needing special attention, or other areas related to quality, production, or other deficiencies as well as reports to identify projects which have been successfully implemented.
- Specify, provide justification, and generate AFE for the purchase of new or replacement weld, cutting, or fabrication equipment as required for process improvement of increased capacity. Issue purchase orders as required for normal or other production requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated management and leadership training or demonstrated management abilities.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Excel, Word, and weld programs such as C-Spec.
- Frequent sitting and walking and occasional standing, stooping, bending, twisting
- Repetitive hand movements
- Work in an office and industrial manufacturing environment with possible exposure to temperature extremes, overhead objects, and material with rough edges odors associated with cutting and welding
- Flexible medical, vision, and dental plans
- 24/7 access to telephone doctors
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Leaves of absence (family medical, bereavement, personal, sabbatical)
- Remote work options
- Financial planning services
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Spending Account (HSA)
Chart Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.