Website Chart Industries
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Beasley, TX, United States|
Chart Industries focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The company is looking for a Welding Engineer who will be responsible for supporting manufacturing welding processes in order to maintain world-class welding quality with a focus on productivity and cost efficiency.
Supports weld processes by providing technical expertise, training, and certifying Welders.
Manage the training and certification testing process for all welders by harmoniously working with other functions to ensure the needs of the organization are met.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Weld Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (college/university), or equivalent
- CWI (Certified Welding Inspector)
- Possess 5+ years of experience with GMAW, GTAW, and Sub-arc welding, SMAW weld processes as related to aluminum, stainless, and carbon steel welding.
- Assignment and control of WPS, PQR, or WPAR on a wide range of alloy, stainless, and carbon steel alloys and associated filler metals/fluxes and shielding gases in compliance with ASME IX, EN 15614-1, -2, and AWS D1.1 using GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW, and SMAW processes.
- Assist in the set-up of training programs for both hands-on and classroom environments. Training programs cover a full range of activities in a technically challenging welding environment.
- Assist Quality Control / Shop floor supervision in quality improvement initiatives and the review of statistical data to determine and implement ways and means to continually improve in the reduction of weld repairs and weld rework. Review RT, LPT, UT, or other NDE inspections as required for continued process improvements.
- Control and maintenance of WPQs including control and maintenance of continuity/prolongation logs as required for GTAW-AC/DC, GMAW semi-automatic, GMAW machine, FCAW, SAW, and SMAW processes on a wide range of alloy, stainless, and carbon steel alloys and filler metals in compliance with ASME IX, EN 9606-1,2 and AWS D1.1
- Development of new processes, procedures, and weld technology for the advancement and development of improved manufacturing procedures, quality improvement, and reduction in fabrication, assembly, and weld costs.
- Identification and resolution of production problems on the shop floor on a 2-shift basis. Problem resolution may include coordination with design engineering, quality control, drafting, sales, and production supervision.
- Maintain, control, and administer the issuance of internal and customer-required documents as related to Weld Maps, WPS, PQR, or WPAR. Issuance of these documents will require familiarity with customer specifications as well as the requirements of ASME VIII, IX, EN15614, and 9606.
- Provide direction to shop floor technicians in assignments as required maintaining any of the ongoing needs for testing, training, process implementation, or other shop floor activities.
- Provide timely reports to management on ongoing shop floor activities, training, perceived areas needing special attention, or other areas related to quality, production, or other deficiencies as well as reports to identify projects which have been successfully implemented.
- Specify, provide justification, and generate AFE for the purchase of new or replacement weld, cutting, or fabrication equipment as required for process improvement of increased capacity. Issue purchase orders as required for normal or other production requirements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to interpret and understand complex blueprints and weld symbols
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Familiarity with ASME BPVC Section IX is required
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Excel, Word, and Weld programs such as C-Spec.
- Familiarity with NDE basics including RT, UT, LPT, MPT, and VT
- Must possess a strong desire to help others to learn; previous experience/training in training techniques required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated in the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and effectively respond to questions from a variety of internal and external groups.
- Understands and can accurately use measuring devices, such as micrometers, calipers, tape measures, etc.
- Frequent sitting and walking and occasional standing, stooping, bending, twisting
- Repetitive hand movements
- Work in an office and industrial manufacturing environment with possible exposure to temperature extremes, overhead objects, a material with rough edges odors associated with cutting and welding
- Flexible medical, vision, and dental plans
- 24/7 access to telephone doctors
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Leaves of absence (family medical, bereavement, personal, sabbatical)
- Remote work options
- Financial planning services
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Spending Account (HSA)
Chart Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.