Website Anchor Manufacturing Group
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Cleveland, OH, United States|
|Company||Anchor Manufacturing Group|
Anchor Manufacturing provides exceptional quality stampings and welded assemblies to diversified industries with significant expertise in the automotive industry at both Tier I and Tier II supply levels.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer who can focus on weld applications both current jobs and new part applications.
Further, this position requires the ability to plan new applications including process setup, equipment specification and acquisition, and process development.
- The applicants should have a 4-year technical degree (preferably in Welding Technology) from a welding school or equivalent experience.
- A strong background in MIG welding is preferred
- The candidates must have shop floor experience and be willing to work with the manufacturing personnel to achieve process establishment and improvement.
- Assist in new equipment design, configurations, weld equipment specifications, and optimal welding setup and performance.
- Assist Program Managers in maintaining the Engineering/Tooling database and keep all relevant files up to date.
- Comply with all the Anchor Principles and Guidelines, as well as Anchor policies and procedures.
- Define new welding processes as required, develop automation concepts, develop fixture designs, prepare specifications for required equipment, obtain competitive price quotations, prepare purchase justification, purchase equipment, and install and debug process.
- Develop and implement training programs in welding technology for internal use.
- Follow-up on the performance of weld applications and institute corrective actions when necessary.
- Perform shop floor problem-solving activities on welding processes as necessary.
- Perform continuous improvement projects on the shop floor to achieve desired results.
- Perform effectively on AQP and Continuous Improvement Teams to complete Team assignments and achieve expected results.
- Prepare process documentation and PM procedures. Train personnel in proper cell operation and maintenance. Participate in the establishment of PM programs and training personnel in the execution of PM requirements.
- Provide verification data necessary to demonstrate the success of each project against criteria specified in the cost justification.
- Work with Program Managers on new projects. Follow new welding equipment build process.
- Special projects and duties as assigned.
- Skills in troubleshooting, problem-solving, corrective and preventive action planning and implementation
- Possess excellent oral and written skills and be able to fully document the process
- Design skills are highly desirable
Anchor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.