Website Magna International
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Liberty, MO, United States
Magna International is one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and is dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. The company’s competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems, and complete vehicle solutions.
Cosma provides global customers with a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions.
The company is hiring a Welding Engineer who will be responsible for the follow-up of welding mechanical systems designs for a variety of assembly applications including welders, robots, conveyance, and transfer systems.
Applies industry knowledge and experience to manage projects from the quoting phase through commissioning and production.
Utilizes planning, resource, and task management skills in directing vendors to successful implementation of projects.
Can delegate and manage multiple projects at any given time.
Capable of making autonomous decisions based on experience and project requirements; has specialized training either formal or through on-the-job work experience.
Travel (possibly international) is often required until equipment is in operation.
- Post-Secondary Education in a Welding Engineering or Welding Technologist program (preferred)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in resistance welding in a manufacturing environment
- Projection, resistance, and GMAW welding experience (a must)
- Evaluate weld documentation and test results to ensure compliance with all customer specifications
- Follows and supports LMV Automotive System’s and Magna’s operating principles,
- May be required to adjust shifts as necessary.
- Provide direction on the application of welds during process development to optimize line throughput while still maintaining customer weld specifications
- Provide direction on continuous improvement efforts to improve the quality of welds
- Responsible for analyzing the scope of work during the pre-award phase and assisting in the development of manpower plan requirements to complete the project within the time constraints defined in the project timeline.
- Responsible for Installation Risk Assessment, Safety & CE Risk Assessment, and MFMEA.
- Responsible for program management documentation – CPMP open issue updates and scheduling/leading CPMP Gate Reviews.
- Responsible for leading Cross-functional teams to complete PFMEAs, Process Flows, and Standardized Work documentation.
- Responsible for assigning, following up, and approving vendor work requirements throughout the design phase.
- Responsible for driving and understanding customer specifications, both corporate and plant, and applying LMV standards for use in all aspects of mechanical designs.
- Responsible for estimating content and labor costs for proposals and engineering change quotes.
- Responsible for follow-up and ensuring vendor progress that meets or exceeds project timing.
- Responsible for giving updates to the project team including cost projections as engineering changes occur during the life cycle of the project.
- Responsible for supporting production personnel in root cause analysis and problem resolution of production throughput, quality, and cost challenges.
- Responsible for working with customers to finalize design requirements, reviews, and approvals throughout the design phase.
- Supports efforts to achieve department and plant goals on Employee Opinion Survey.
- Works with the Engineer Manager on build, integration, and commissioning plans.
- Works with the Engineer Manager to strengthen Welding Criteria at equipment buy-off
- Works with the Engineer Manager to create project timelines for design tasks from critical project milestones provided by the Engineer Manager.
- Works with the Engineer Manager to ensure cross-functional communication is taking place when there’s a “process change” that affects engineering or other departments.
- Works with the Engineer Manager to execute projects
- Works with the Engineer Manager to track and report project status, CPMP.
- Works with the Ergonomic Committee to complete ERA’s on equipment.
- Works with Welding Team in the Plant as needed, as a point of contact for support
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively and appropriately present information and respond to questions from various groups.
- Ability to prepare, read, write, and interpret reports, instructions, and procedures.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, blueprints, diagrams, welding symbols, requirements, and business correspondence.
- Able to clearly and effectively respond to questions from management and customers
- Must be proficient in computer operations.
- Must exhibit high integrity and honesty.
- Must have computer skills (including MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have good organizational skills to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of CAD programs.
- Working knowledge of Control Plan, FMEA, APQP, or related experience.
- Working knowledge of GD&T, SPC
- Working knowledge of Mistake Proofing/Poke-Yoke.
- General factory environment
- Cooperate with all local, state, and federal agencies, such as OSHA or the EPA, in the event of an inspection.
- Know and follow all applicable EH&S Policies and Procedures.
- Support a safe and healthful work environment that is free of recognized hazards for all employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Support and comply with all TS16949 & ISO14001 procedures and work instructions.
Magna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company hires based on qualifications, regardless of particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.magna.com.